Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Embarking on an osaka journey

2007 Osaka [My Virgin Dance Trip]


2008 Osaka [2 weeks, a short break]


2009 Osaka [What's Next?]

Looking forward to the trip this time around. Spending a longer duration there and will be taking a lot of classes, re-training myself and taking this opportunity to think through my directions in this career i have stepped into.

Did i step into it unwittingly a few years back just because I did not want to work 9-5? Did i just step into it without thinking if it was suitable for me and if I would excel?
- Or -
did I step into it because I loved being on stage, in class and sharing what I love to do? If so, how do I shine in what I have chosen to do?

Met Ahmad 2 nights ago and he said to me, "you gotta kill it. you better kill it when you come back. I know you want it."

Yes, I guess I want it badly enough. To be running to Osaka now amidst the H1N1 and spending a bomb by staying 6 weeks. I consider this a trip to relax, to gain more experience, to become a better dancer and a better instructor. And most importantly, to gain back that desire, passion to keep learning and inspiring others to the best of my ability. Even if I may not be able to dance as well as others, as long as I dance better than myself each time.

I will attempt to share my journey with my readers and friends here during the 6 weeks in Japan. Someone once wrote this to me and it has stuck for a while. I like it and I shall end this post with the quote.

.
.
.
.
.

"Have faith in your own style"

No comments: