Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ye Shanghai

Did a show for a company chinese new year dinner event this evening at clarke quay. Shanghai themed dance and we got to wear cheongsams!!!

It turned out to be a very eventful evening because as with all shows....there will ALWAYS be bloopers.

We had to quick change into 4 outfits within a span of 20mins and the first incident was of the "slippery bra strap". Had to put on a corset and my bra strap underneath kept slipping off half way through the dance. Got a little distracted and messed up 4 counts. :P

The umbrella prop used for another dance gave me much to worry about as well because it felt like it would break into two and fly off stage to poke someone in the eye every time i swung it! Still had to keep smiling demurely throughout haha.

Winner of the night for me came during the very last finale item when chairs needed to be brought in for a small segment. The chairs had to be put further back stage as compared to past rehearsals and kept behind the curtains. So when it was time to bring them out, there was a slight rush to place them in time and as I turned to put the chair down, the wooden board acting as the seat of the chair flew out and landed off stage with a very LOUD BANG that actually had some of the audience gasping and some laughing...It was very lucky that no audience were standing at front of stage.....*i think it quite hilarious in retrospect*

Had a prior experience with props/objects flying out of my hand/offstage so thankfully I did not panic! Hahaha...managed to finish the performance in one piece.

Also, a small incident after show that happened while leaving the place had me a little pissed off.

While crossing the road to meet the boyf, I walked past an indian man and heard him say "Hey, sexy!" It pissed me off because he was relatively well dressed in shirt and pants and looked like a guest from the event! But, I could be wrong....I hope I am. Still, I am rather put off. Shall not say any more.

And with this, it's goodbye to Ye Shanghai and Cha Cham Bo! I had fun!

No comments: