Saturday, July 21, 2007

Almost Buttered!

Just got home from Butter Factory bout 15mins ago. It was pretty fun, I got wasted enough on 3 lychee martinis and 1 lambhorgini. Could have gone for a bit more but I decided not to since I have got to wake up early on Saturday. The place was freaking packed! It was a full house by about 1230am and the queue outside was long. Some of my friends couldn't enter because of that and left....sorry guys! But thanks for coming anyway!

Overall, it was a pretty good night. Music was not too bad and crowd was relatively cool. One thing that got to me though was the no. of friends messaging me throughout the day and night telling me that they couldn't make it for the event. Yeah, given they either have early mornings the next day or had a real tiring day at work or were not feeling well or whatever other reason...it was still kind of a bummer to me. Me and Yisi, combined - We invited at least 80 people to club with us but in the end only like 15++ turned up.

I was pretty excited when I woke up this morning, thinking that I'd have a real BIG bunch of friends going clubbing with me, and it's sort of like a "Birthday Clubbing night". As the day passed, I received plenty of messages from friends telling me that "Sorry, they could not make it that night". I told myself that I would not let my spirit be dampened and at 11pm I got to Butter Factory still in a good mood. As i was outside the entrance, waiting for 2-3 friends to arrive, I get a shit load of " sorry, i cannot make it" sms-es again. I throw it off my shoulder and I laugh it off, determined not to let it spoil my evening. I thought this: "I cannot dictate what other people choose to do right? They all have their own concerns and priorities as well. I can only choose what I want to do and I choose to have a good time partying".

I honestly enjoyed myself at Butter Factory! Thanks to Alex, Jasmine, Cindy, Marcus, Ti Eu, Ahmad, Yisi, Jeremy, Chinchao, Kay Wee, Jason Huan for taking time off to come down and party tonight. I appreciate it a lot! Thanks for the presents and free drinks!! Thanks as well to Serena who came all the way down to pass me present but did not club! Haha.

Just that now, as I sit here letting my alcohol effects wear off, I start to get a little pissed off about those "sorry, I cannot make it" sms-es. It's just such a bummer, you know? I could go on a rant about what I really feel about this issue, but I shall not. Because it's just my opinion. Like I said, I am not going to let it piss me off any further than it has. I am going to sleep and wake up and just discard the bad feelings into the bin because I honestly did enjoy myself a lot while I was there and that is all that matters.

I just want people to know that receiving a whole bunch of "Sorry, I don't think I can make it." sms-es was really a big bummer to me (by whole bunch, I really mean like 80% of my friends). I had really looked forward to having all my friends enjoy the night together with me. It was just this night, and so many couldn't turn up, thus I can say only this...

"I was kinda disappointed tonight, deep down inside."

No comments: