Sunday, July 29, 2007

Busy week summarized

Here's what happened this busy week:

I did a show for some Amway Meeting event on Wednesday, a show at Modiva for a liquor launch and a show for Amore Women's day out today. One more Amore show tomorrow.

The Amway show was pretty fun, we all had short kimonos and tights as our costume and the dance was Japanese modern dance inspired. The stage was pretty wide so I felt like I ran a 10K marathon after rehearsals and show. Good or bad, I can't decide.

The Modiva show was less fun because it just felt like we were some showgirls promoting liquor, the audience made me feel that way! We were wearing slip dresses and dancing to french music which was actually pretty nice and sensual except that the audience just looked at us like we were showgirls lor....haha! They were like really slow on the applause as well and stingy! I swear I could count the number of claps on one hand! Oh well haha...

After I had time to breath, I sat down to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! Once I actually got the time, I finished the book in 1 and a half days! I must say I enjoyed the book thoroughly. A lot of the pieces finally came together and were explained and it was a superb read for me. The only downside is the rampant amount of deaths...I shall not say who. Only a small spoiler which i do not even consider as much....the part that upset me the most!
.
.
.
.
.

Harry's Owl, HEDWIG got murdered!!!!
*sobs*
.
.
.
.
.

It's so me to get upset over the death of a pet rather than of proper characters...but it sucks! I loved Hedwig!

Turns out Voldemort is quite an idiot in the end as well....=P!

After finishing my book, I got off my ass, did some work and I finished up 50% choreography of the dance item I volunteered to do for the Jitterbugs DAPees' upcoming graduation show in October. The goals and timeline I set for myself to finish all the stuff i needed to finish have been met! I'm quite proud of myself, given that I was somehow extra busy the past week with last minute shows!

Check List:

1) Half Choreography done for Jitterbugs DAPees dance item
- Teaching it to the DAPees this morning, will see how it progresses!

2) Full Choreography done for CAC HipHop Club Welcome tea item
- It's coming along really nicely and I think with a bit of cleaning, the item will look quite good! Keep it up guys!

3) Found my substitute instructor for Whitley! Thanks Sam!

I have claimed my rest week next week! My knee has been acting up again lately, I don't know if it's because of all the rolling on the floor during a show or is it just because I've been dancing too much. It actually feels loose and a little wonky! I hope it does not die on me when I am in Japan...knee guards, I need you!

No comments: