Sunday, September 23, 2007

Love Hate Relationships

Just a super random post about the love-hate relationships I have with the following issues.

1. September and October Saturdays

I hate to have to teach from 11am all the way to 4pm non stop because I always get a backache at the end of the day. I worry for my spine...

I love my classes because of my students. They make each class worth the while to teach, especially if we have a good class!

2. My dance skills and confidence

I hate it when I stress myself up during classes due to certain expectations I feel I need to keep. When I have a bad class, my confidence drops rock bottom and I think I should just stop dancing. (But it does keep my feet firmly planted on the ground!)

I love it when I am able to do a good class and I just feel like I'm dancing for myself. That feeling is amazing. I love it when people give positive comments and I draw motivation and strength from others' positive feedback to fuel my love for dance. It has helped me many a times to keep my determination going.

3. My hair

I love the pink and bronze braids because they look so pretty, both tied up and let down.

I hate it because I cannot fling hair and it blocks my view half the time!

4. Tots Classes

I love the little kids when they just start bouncing involuntarily once I play the music, when they run eagerly to hug me when I ask them to gather round me, when they smile at me with their innocent faces.

I hate those little kids when they start running around the studio screaming, start jumping around like a monkey and making me chase after them to get them back in formation, when I'm shouting at the top of my voice and I know they are just not listening!

Part and Parcel of my everyday life!

No comments: