Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Carnival has closed

The Carnival is over. Hope you enjoyed the show!

A job well done, dear performers and crew! We had our fair share of heart attacks, technical malfunctions and amusing misadventures eg. me cue-ing for stage lights before marcus could remove all the props and he was caught on stage while lifting the chair off stage in a super unglamorous way..i apologize marcus! =P)

I received plenty of good reviews for my item and that has just really given me a HUGE amount of encouragement...It was very unexpected because I personally felt there were other stronger items. The only thing I needed from my girls was neatness, presence and feeling like a complete showgirl! So, in view of all the good comments, I think they pulled it off and did me proud! Thank you girls! I love you all very much!

Super Bonus encouragement: Ryan came for the show on the 2nd night and Sophia introduced me to him because he liked the item and was asking who the choreographer was!

Cindy's emotional item review
On the topic of strong items, I personally loved Cindy's "Traces of Love" piece. As I am not a trained contemporary/modern dancer, I love to watch modern pieces. I admire the technique, the body and space explorations, the expression of feelings and emotion in modern choreography. It is something I am still trying very hard to learn.

Last night, even though the dancers were not professionally trained modern dancers, they took the item and made it their own. I watched it from backstage through the side curtains and I still felt the powerful emotions that came out as the dancers melted into the choreography. That was the best run I saw ever since they started rehearsing it. MZ was even crying during the performance, that was how much she put herself into the role.

Once again, great job!

And so, back to my daily life rantings.

Yes...Horror week is finally over. It ended on a slightly low note because the post show Halloween Party we went to was not too great. Had only 7 hours of sleep the past 2 nights and was pretty exhausted but I was looking forward to some drinks and good music to relax myself and have a little fun with the dancers, but! the place was filled with scantily clad teenyboppers all trying (they couldn't make the grade....really.) to grind each other and thinking they were really hot doing it. We finally kinda just gave up and sat in one corner watching the very amusing free show.

Anyway, we took some pictures! Here's a few.

Tina the Vamp and me the wannabe but failed terrible vamp!



Alex the Cowboy.
Check out Micheal Jackson behind us!
*It's James btw*

Now to recuperate and fight my flu so I can go and take more dance classes to improve myself further! I would love to go for a Movie and Shopping as well.....haven't had the time at all!

Happy Halloween!

No comments: