Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Geylang Action

Just something random I thought I'd share.

A friend and I had a drive through the streets of Geylang one night because we decided to have dinner there and I suggested driving around because I have never seen the "action" going on there before even though I've read and heard about it.

So, we took a drive around and man...........the amount of MEN there was appalling. It's like all the men of all types just congregated there. We saw a many women standing around as well along the streets just waiting for business. What really got me thinking "wow!" was when we went into this particular street which probably housed the more upper class girls, I saw rows of them just standing in one straight line in their skimpy clothes like products on displays. Saw one man approach and negotiate with one of the girls as well while the others just looked on and waited.

I think it was a pretty eye-opening experience for me. The blatancy of it all and it's just one street beside the normal food areas. Yes, it was one of the random things I did last week.

Anyways, we left in the end without dinner because it was too blardy crowded to find a parking lot......

No comments: