Monday, April 21, 2008

Missing factor

Been pondering about my dance alot the past few nights. It's a question that always repeats itself time after time, year after year.

Am I just a mediocre dancer?
Can I find that "missing" factor to become a good if not great dancer?
Why do some dancers stand out so well and catch everyone's eye?
Why Can't I do the same? I blend in and fade into the background too easily.
What is my Dance personality? My character? Do I even have one now?

I will always remember what pat once said a long time back when he was asked to say a few words about his dancers. "ZZ, hmmm she is always there. Always consistent, never giving any problems. She may not stand out but she is the one who will get all her steps right and support the group."

How do I go that extra mile to become great? To be acknowledged? To get noticed? Other than to keep improving myself technique and style wise....

How?

------------------------------------

Upset at myself for feeling like this.
Happy for others, but upset for myself.
Wake up, girl!

No comments: