Sunday, June 10, 2007

Beauty and Me

I went to the Shiseido counter at Isetan Scotts today to get some skincare items. Spent a bomb on one make up remover and 2 moisturizers for day and night care. I then sauntered over to MAC and bought a compact, 2 eyeshadow plates and a kohl pencil. Yes, the past 2 weeks of perfomance has depleted my makeup.

After I pay for everything and glance at my receipt (i will keep the number to myself) , it strikes me that women really spend loads on skincare just so that they can keep their skin healthy, soft, smooth and supple. All the cash just rolls into the skincare department....oh and clothes and bags and shoes and hair.......ahhh whatever!

Well....the worries and importance of skincare for a dancer are more.

Imagine having to do shows on a daily basis for 2-3 weeks. You keep piling on the stage makeup (it's thicker than normal natural makeup)and removing it. Piling on, removing, Piling on, removing. The skin can't breathe and probably gets clogged when the make up is on and the cleaning off might give you wrinkles years later. You have to invest in good effective skincare products to make sure that all impurities are removed from your skin when you cleanse and to ensure that the skin gets the necessary nutrients to keep healthy, firm and radiant. I'm always very worried I'll get wrinkles around my eyes earlier than every other woman whenever I remove my eye makeup. I sigh when I see a blackhead and I moan when i get a slight outbreak. I just don't feel pretty and confident with bad skin.

I think I'll go for a facial after the shows are finished and done with...and there you have another money sucking machine. It hurts like hell as well!

To what extents would you go for beauty, ladies?


P.S. Some photos up in a bit...

No comments: