Saturday, August 4, 2007

Japan Exciting Day 1

Hello all...

This is me, typing from Japan. My apple macbook is not failing me and is steadily detecting wireless networks for me to access. I am so thankful for this application, I love you!

So I left for Japan at 1.10am this morning and I arrived at 8.35am Osaka time. Did not manage to get much sleep on the plane as I am a poor sleeper, got off a stop too early from our train and got a little lost, trying to find our hotel. Lugging around 20kg of luggage is no joke in Japan's summer! After finally locating the hotel, we checked in, met up with Ahmad and Rashidah and went off to Umeda for lunch and shopping. Had lunch at a small tempura shop and after that, Bryan just brought us around from place to place giving us a quick topography of the shops and that had us walking around quite a bit.

I managed to get 2 baggy adidas tee shirts for 20% off. The others bought similar tees as well.
We caught a brochure on fireworks display at some area in Osaka and decided on the spot to skip dance classes today and go see the fireworks instead. Bryan and I even succumbed to buying Yukatas (Summer Kimonos) to wear to the event! I'll leave you wondering how much they cost us!!

After we went back and quick changed in half an hour, we set of for Umeda again and joined the MASSES of japanese ladies and men all dressed in Yukatas on the walk to the fireworks display area. I can only say it felt like I walked a 10km marathon. It felt like a long walk that would never end!! But in the end, we managed to drag ourselves to the final point and were treated to a SUPER long and pretty display of fireworks. It went on for at least an hour!!

We left earlier because I was super tired and ended up taking a cab back to hotel =P

All in all, it was a super duper tiring yet exciting and vibrant 1st day in Osaka, Japan. With lack of sleep setting in, I got a bit cranky at the end but I think it was a really once in a lifetime experience to get to experience Fireworks during Summer in Japan and wearing a pretty Yukata to top it all off!! Will try to get pictures up when I can! Off to bed!

Signing off,
ZZ

No comments: