Monday, August 27, 2007

Nan de??

Have you been checking back often to find out what "Village" is?
Wait no longer, Village is a gay club!

We had a spur of the moment feeling that night after dance class to go take a look at the event held there that night. It was an end of summer kinda festival event held by the club and it featured drag shows and underwear shows haha. So, after class, we crept up to the club to get tickets and headed out for a quick dinner at Hep five. I use the word crept because the "Village" is located just next to our dance studio and there were still quite a few dancers hanging around outside the studio area. Bryan and I felt a little weird having to walk past them hahaha.

So after dinner, we headed back to the club and there were still dancers outside the studio. A few of them recognised us and we greeted them before trying to make a quick and brief entrance to the club. At that point, I think the dancers turned to watch us go up to the club and i think i heard one of them exclaim "nan de??" meaning WHATT?? After that, we both got really worried about meeting those dancers again during classes but what the hell right? we already paid for the tickets!

I was feeling a little wrong being there at the start because hey I like guys and yet I can't pick up or get picked up by a guy there hhahah. It's like putting a piece of cake in front of me and telling me I cannot eat it! But the drag show was insanely hilarious and very entertaining! Very ugly drag queens but very professional performers haha.

The underwear show was next and hmmm ok la, the underwear was not too bad, the models so-so and seeing men ogling at men in underwear was a very hmmm "interesting" experience for me. It wasn't as entertaining as the drag show though.

Words cannot describe the performances I saw, and sadly, I did not bring my camera that day. I only have a few photos on my phone and a short video of one of the drag performers spoofing Boa. Will try to upload when I return to Singapore.

It was a very interesting and entertaining night and the people there were generally fun, relaxed and easy-going, just that yeah like i said earlier, "putting a cake in front of me and telling me i cannot eat it". There were a few cute guys around even!!

I think my hopes of finding a Japanese Boyfriend are dropping by the day!! hahaha....dang! Well, Bryan did have a good time on the dancefloor though. The DJ was female and phreaking good!

And counting down, 7 days left!

No comments: