Friday, August 24, 2007

"Zero"

We went to watch a dance showcase performance at Namba Hatch today. The place was really cool, like a mini auditorium in the city. First level is just flooring and you can sit or stand anywhere you like, gives a very street feeling which is very appropriate for the dance showcase atmosphere.

The event was called "Zero" and it featured 25 of Japan's more well known dance crews and special guest performers from Osaka and Tokyo. Some of the performers included D'oam, Electric trouble, Exze, Outset, JIG, Hilty & Bosch, Gallager, Teddy Dan, Go Go Brothers and Yoshie.

The event lasted about 4 hours and I set there amazed throughout. There was an all female popping group which actually made me feel tempted to learn popping. Exze was pure power and energy while Electric trouble did a more lyrical hiphop piece. D'oam's item felt very carefree and groovy and even though they all had their own dance styles, the 4 of them complimented each other really well.

I enjoyed myself thoroughly today and I am now inspired to dance harder than ever. Sometimes I feel so small and insignificant and I have no idea how much I have improved on this trip yet but I know I have picked up, seen and gained new exposure and to build on this, I will continue to train hard if not harder than ever.

Cheers!

P.S. I have more photos, I'm just lazy to upload.

P.S.S. 9 more days to learn as much as I can and shop as much as I can and EAT as much as I can!

No comments: