Monday, April 30, 2007

elusive black heels and me

Been hunting up and down for a pair of black heels these past few weeks. They are eluding me! So irritating.

Met up with a friend today. We had a talk about depression (yeah, morbid topic huh?) and he described the symptoms of depression to me. I have never really mentioned it openly to anyone before and it's been a very private issue of mine but I've always wondered if I had suffered from depression a few months back when things got kind of rocky and after today's insight, I think I actually did suffer from mild depression back then.

Late at night, I'd walk to the kitchen for a drink and suddenly a wave of sadness would overcome me and I'd zone out for half an hour just standing in the kitchen. I'd feel so upset after I recover and go to my room to cry.
*action repeats every other 2 nights*

Sleeping became a problem.
*Since I disdain sleeping pills, I just had to deal with panda eyes and irritable temper*

I even had very fleeting thoughts of "ending it" or "just disappearing".
*kinda scary because I never thought I'd be one to even think of it*

I kind of understand why some people resort to cutting themselves when they are under depression. It's because they are hurting so much inside that they want to inflict some form of physical pain so as to attempt to forget the emotional pain inside, even for just that short moment. It's because the emotional pain can get quite unbearable if there is no outlet for them to vent.

I just thought of my family and people concerned for me, and how sad they would be if I did anything silly and that kinda helped me. But, it's really kind of scary because you can feel quite helpless and I hope it NEVER happens again.

Anyways, on a much lighter note, Vas and Pris won the Dancefloor competition.
I have a lot of opinions on the whole program and the results BUT i shall keep them to myself and my close friends because I do not want to get flamed on my blog. I'd rather use this space to congratulate all the contestants on a job well done! It has been month and months of gruelling hard work and late nights and dance deadlines and facing harsh critiques. It's all over now! It's time to party and dance just for the pure enjoyment of dancing! Any dance enthusiast is a winner to me!

*Ardent supporter Zee takes over*

PLATINUM Rawks!
We Love you, PLATINUM!

For an ending off joke, I saw this analogy on my friend's MSN nick. I like it, Ha!

.
.
.
.
.

Qns: Why do women spend time improving their looks but not their brains?

Ans: It's because they know men are stupid but not blind.


*Any boys want to defend themselves?*

No comments: