Saturday, April 14, 2007

Freestyling

Freestyling turns out to be rather addictive.

It's really hard taking that first step to join in, because I basically think I'm not competent enough and I'll just make a big fool of myself if I freestyle. I have this inferiority complex. But with a little help from friends ....
.
.
.
.
**cajoling AND physically pulling me to the dancefloor included**
.
.
.
.

.... And just some "heck care and just do it no matter how stupid i look" attitude...the first step hurdle was cleared and I realise once again tonight that no matter how stupid i feel i'm going to look or how awkward my steps are...I still love to move and dance to music - It's the Dancer in me! Dance has no boundaries and no barriers and no divides. I'm always very happy and touched to hear fellow dancers tell me that I have improved. It makes me want to be better and to go further. I think I just might join in the next freestyling session if I can make it.

Dancing has brought me on such an amazing journey. I look back and see how we have all matured in dance and I feel very proud. I look where we are trying to head towards and I feel very proud too.

Like I tell my students, Keep Loving Dance!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you joined in the freestyle session. Just keep doing it and we'll all improve! I learnt something new from improv class last Sat: take an action verb eg. pull / swim / throw and make it into a dance sequence. you can vary the floor patterns, time, height levels, different body parts taking lead etc. See you in the next session!