Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Photo Update ( Long Post )

First Photo: Zee and D'hoppers



The very beautiful poster card my dance students gave me on the last night of musical production. I read the sweet messages every time i walk into my study room.

Thank you guys!


****************

Second Batch: Yifan's Wedding Dinner at Goodwood Park Hotel











Only took 5 photos using my camera because they provided each table with a disposable camera. Just to finish up all the film on the disposable camera, the whole table of us ended up taking lots of random, goofy SOLO shots. I hope the Bride and Groom have a good laugh browsing through all our stupid poses.

Btw, I think I look real nice in Yisi's glasses. =P


**********************


Third Batch: Takeshi Nishino Street Dance Masterclass



Yeah it's like just one pathetic photo haha...

I'm standing next to Mr. Nishino...Sugoiiii!! He is one small dynamo who dances like a giant! Respect!! Psst...Anyone recognize the 4th girl from the left?


*********************


Fourth Batch: My new acquisition for the day...Giant Tote Bag.




( This piece of bling accessory cost like half the price of the bag itself...The store lady told me it's imported from Korea and it's good quality wor...I think I'm a sucker for bling. )

So the story and reason (read: little domestic squabble) behind my latest buy goes like this...

I had to do a show after Yifan's wedding and thus I had to lug around a mountain of dance costumes, accessories and makeup to the dinner. I stuffed them all into a nice Singtel paper bag and was just about to leave the house when Daddy spots me carrying the Singtel bag and comments..

Dad: Are you going to carry that to the wedding? Don't you have something nicer and more presentable? Why don't you use one of those sports bags that you always carry?

Me: I thought this Singtel bag looks alright enough. It's big and sturdy, not the soft soft kind. I think carrying a sports bag to a wedding dinner while in my evening clothes looks weird, that's why I decided not to use it.

Dad: I think you should get a bag with a zipper. Don't you have any other bags instead of a paper bag? What happens if your stuff drops out? Your jeans are hanging out of the paper bag already..it doesn't look very presentable. Change it. I still think your sports bag is nicer.


Me: I don't want to go to a wedding dinner carrying my Von Dutch sports bag...I think the paper bag is fine...

Mom cuts in: What's the problem?

Dad: I don't think our daughter should bring a paper bag to the wedding dinner. Looks very sloppy. Think she should use one of the sports bags she always carries.


Me: The sports bag will look weird with my dressing.

Mom: Oh, I have a yellow tote bag...let me go get it for you. *walks to find tote bag*

Mom: Here it is....

it's a translucent bright yellow tote bag...instead of just some bits of my jeans, you could see ALL my stuff in the bag..

Me: Ok...*sighs* so i shall carry this bag then...let's go.

Mom: Why? You not comfortable carrying it? It's ok, I'll go search for a nicer paper bag for you since Daddy is so insistent.

Me: It's really ok, this bag will do. Let's go or we'll be late.

Dad: Yes, at least it's a proper bag. But I still think you should get something more covered up. With a zipper. I'm going to go get the car. See you all outside.

** at this point, I got a bit fed up and walked to my room, grabbed my sports bag and transferred all my stuff over. **

** Mom returns with a few paper bags **

Mom: Oh, you changed to the sports bag? Here, I found some nice paper bags. Why don't you use this mango one?

Me: Daddy is so insistent on the sports bag ma...just to make him happy lor. I still think it looks out of place though...

Mom: Well, actually I share the same view as you. Sometimes your daddy's tastes are a bit weird. You sure you don't want the mango paper bag?? I'll bring it to the car in case you decide to change.

** Both of us head out to the car, me with red Von Dutch bag in tow **

Dad: There, see...this bag looks so much better than the flimsy paper bag.

Me: ........

Mom: I agree with your daughter, I think carrying a sports bag to a wedding is not so nice. Darling, you sure you don't want to use the Mango bag?

Me: Yah, I think I'll use the mango paper bag.

** I quickly grab the paper bag and transfer all my stuff **

Mom's ending words and the whole point to this story
.
.
.
.
.
.

Mom: You don't have a tote bag to use for more dressy occasions right? Think you should invest in a nice classy tote bag for future uses.


And there you have it.
A nice classy tote bag.


************************

Fifth Batch: Pretty Pretty Boots



Found this pair of boots in an online spree. So lovely....But! I can't buy it because I'd be mad to wear fur-lined boots in humid Singapore and I won't buy it because people will think I'm phreaking mad to wear fur-lined boots in Singapore.


*************************


Sixth Batch: Bored, Narcissistic Me




I had a good time exercising my various facial muscles. Good training for dance performance expressions. Ha! (Black and white photos hide my poor skin condition! =P)

.
.
.
.

Okay.....photos updated. Happy?

No comments: